Sunday 29 September 2024

Taichung Funeral Day 2

 Woke up a few times in the night, and finally at 6am. Still jetlagged. Went to sleep at 10pm last night.

Had a fruit based club danwich and a cup of soy milk for breakfast. 

Then after everyone was up we left for the altar room at around 9am. 二叔 dropped us off (did I mention he has a new e-car now? Luxgen).


Greeted grandma, my words stumbled... tried to tell her sorry I couldn't make it in time but I'm here to see her now. It was a pity I wasn't able to see her more... and then kneeled 3 times. 

Helped with folding paper yuan bao today and making lotuses. 四叔 arrived and shortly 三叔 too. Then 小智 and 四叔's kids older bro Ah-Kang (Shyan-In) and younger bro Ah-Kai (Shyan-Jiun). 五叔 arrived with the bento boxes later. We had quite a few people/friends and relatives comes. There was an auntie... who I learnt that there are 4 branch families on Granddad's side... Great Grandad had 4 wives. Granddad was the child of the 2nd. Auntie is probably from 3rd or 4th but not sure. There is another relative family in Taipei who is from another branch. The main family in China should still have the tree. They talked and reminiscned, and also the manager/coordinator from the funeral home came to help discuss and organise proceedings. 

Think it was 四叔 who asked us if 小智 and I wanted to go for a walk. Mum wanted to come too but then said she'll go by herself (we were waiting) and that us young ppl should go. Said bye to Grandma, we'll go for a walk and be back soon.

We passed a small park on our way and spotted an oddly placed clock on a tree. And then saw a lens sculpture. 


Then we had a walk around to the Confuscious Temple, with the big gates in the road. It's also combined with the Martyr's Temple (for those who sacrificed themselves for the country, kinda like a memorial). It's so hot and humid you just keep sweating. I realised dad passed through the Kong-Miao gates every time he would drive us back to visit grandma... we also passed the 雙十國中 and they had banners celebrating the girls voleyball team 3rd time reigning champion for nationals, I assume, and also the music band's achievements on placing... we walked to Family Mart and bought a peach/lychee flavoured tea drink. 


There's also a TaiPower station of some sort. Really old. The See You Again Juan Chun map said there's still a partial remnant of JuanChun near, so we talk a walk down... and got to see!!! Unfortunately at the 巷口 there was a man and woman speaking so I didn't wanna be rude and go down there to see... but from the roadside... it looked... just like Nana's JuanChun feeling.... 

The 巷口 is just to the right side of this photo. Google street view attached.


What the blue fenced parts were like before...






TaiPower station behind blue gates. I'm too short but I can get the phone over the blue metal gates to take a photo.


Made our way back.

四嬸,五嬸,賢安 was there when we got back. Greeted Grandma and told her we were back. Almost didn't recognise 賢安 cause I haven't seen her in 10 years.... Helped with folding paper yuan bao and lotuses with 五嬸. Then it was almost 3pm and time to leave. 


小智 came with us and 二叔 drive mum and I back to Grandma's house to get a table. I went up for a pee... and also to see the house because I don't know when I'll be able to visit again, if ever, since it'll be 五叔's house and not longer grandma's... Hu'nio was there in the new cat tree, hamper section. I greeted the Ancestor Altar while I was there. After mum peed we left... and said bye to 小智. 


Grandma's chair.... (one with the cusion) it felt so weird to go home to grandma, but she's not here or in her chair....



The bathroom with the tiles are so distinct. Left the loo out since I was saving the flush for after mum went...


二叔 dropped me off at Sogo real quick so I could go to Kinokuniya and try my luck at getting a Otoyomegatari book. I asked the staff and they had nothing in stock. Nothing of Mori-sensei's. The only book they had was TW ver of Scribbles vol 3. No choice, and $500 is acceptable for an artbook. Had a quick look at the stickers and stationary (they sell the Japanese ink pads!), tried to find Daydream Hour (Danmeshi's Kui Ryoko's artbook) and then paid for my book, then outed from there since 二叔 was still waiting for me, I took about 30 mins (4:05pm, came back at 4:35pm). I had a bit of a struggle with the elevators though... hard to tell if going up or not since I was tired and jetlagged.


Then got picked up, dropped home with mum, and just rested and chilled. 二叔 went to pick up dad and also bought bentous to eat on the way home. All vege diet from now... then had some tea, folded some laundry, showered and then chilled. Blogged and we sleep now.

No comments: