Wednesday 15 November 2023

Taichung Day 18

 Mostly just rest today. Got up and 二叔 was still snoozing near 9am. That's rare. Had breakfast, and then looked at my luggage. Decided to go for a walk first, so I went into Fengjia Campus. They have a really big campus and a pond with fish and turtles. Lots of trimmed hedges and flower arrangements. Ponds with lotuses. It's lovely. There's a gathering on a field near the centre, but they're all wearing white top and black pants... they seem to be communal sharing some sort of soup, so I judged they be Christian gathering. When I walked past one of their desks near the edge, I think I spotted a cross.

I also walked past an indigenious department, so that was cool to see. I spent some time near the pond with turtles, and they were stacking on the rocks for a sunbathe. It's amusing. Then I went home and 二叔 and I went upstairs into the storeroom to see if we could find a bigger box. we managed to find one that fit just under the dimensions, and after repacking it made me feel better. Since my custom bedsheets hasn't arrived yet, I couldn't judge. Then I had lunch, 二叔 bought lianmiang earlier. Thank you.

After lunch I took the laundry up to hang, and 二叔 looked for the plastic string for tying handles.

I headed out to 四叔's shop to see if my watch strap has arrived and if they were able to install it for me. Also to have some tea. Zhili 叔叔 managed to change it over for me. Thanks so much. My bedsheets arrived too. And then after 四嬸 chatted with me about the apartment they helped their sons (my cuz) to buy, and the process they went through. I found it really interesting. So to refurb the apartment, designer/architect, and buying the apartment there was a $900k mortgage (NZD). Ouch. That's about the average mortagage in NZ for a new house nowdays too. Then it was 3:30pm and time to go home as 小智 will pick me up so we can take the bus to go to grandma's together. 

The bus only comes every 30 mins I think, so we missed the one just after 4pm and had to wait. By the time we got to grandma's it was 5:30pm. For dinner they used ubereats and we had curry. They had cockle soup so of course I wanted one! Not much opportunity to have that there. Grandma had lunch delivered but she didn't eat it so I ate some of the wonton soup noodle and she ate the rest. She can still eat quite a decent portion size.

The TV Sanli TW channel had an interesting story on for the taiwan stories drama series at 7:30pm. I want to see if I can finish it tomorrow lol. At 8pm it was about time to go. The cats weren't as curious today. They both sniffed me though.

The next was was 8:30pm and 小智 walked me to the stop. Thanks cuz. By the time I got home it was 9:30pm. 

二叔 wasn't home, but 四嬸 was so I went to pick up my bedsheets (she carted it home on scooter). And took in the laundry hanging upstairs.  Showered, quickly open the bedsheet packaging to have a quick look, blog and bed. 


Early day tomorrow. 三舅媽 will come pick me up to go see a Mazu miao.


No comments: