Sunday 5 November 2023

Taipei Day 1

 Yima went to line up and buy a special youtiao for me. It was youtiao sandwiched in a shaobing. It's really yummy? No wonder people line up to buy it.

I just mucked around and chatted with Yima until she needed to leave to go help a relative. I decided to go out for a walk in the neighbourhood (around 11am now) and walked past the Performing Arts centre. Seems like they have a performance on at 2:30pm today. I also found a gammy shop that still has its "post stamp seller" sign up, I asked the boss if they sell stamps and he said no, it's a old sign. So cool. There's a stationary shop just further down the road a bit and they sell all sorts of traditional toys and I even spotted some beyblades!!! out the front. I asked if they have stamp collecting books and they said no, but the post shop should have blank ones.

Found a toy store selling Gunpla and they had unicorn for $1418. Next to a 全聯福利中心. I also got dad's battery while I was in PX mart.

I walked back to have lunch, and Yima bought me lianmian (cold noodles) for lunch when she went out earlier. They used wasabi instead of garlic, and it was really yummy, cold and straight out of the fridge. Aww man that was nice.

I needed to poop again (thrice now), and then felt a bit unsettled. I was a little worried so I took a RAT test (negative) and decided it must just be from all the irregular eating.

Decided to go to Taipei Underground Shopping Mall as I realised exactly how much I wanted to try fit in in this week. I saw some cosplayers from the back transferring to the Red line from the Bannan Line (one Genshin, one ?? short ice blue hair and black top) so it must be for that event run by Fancy Frontier. Got to the mall, and boy am I glad I wore my N95. It is packed! I started walking down and yes I remember these few animanga shops. But wait, I think the number of gashapon has increased??? And also there's more shops now?? As I walked down further. Definitely more box houses. I spent 3+ hrs and only managed to get through one side...

I did a gachapon for Tatung rice cookers. Heh they're really cute and come with a rice paddle and cup and everything! $120 for a spin, did 2 and got a friend one.

There's also World Trigger ichiban kuji!! Wao!! Ony 1 A prize left and it's a Yuuma fig. I will consider it. 

I saw 2 Yunos but no Asta.... also found the ALO Kirito figma a friend wanted so that's great. I found Lin Setsu A nendo for $6500... lol. Store said no photos so I took one of the storefront so I remember which store. Think the boss said something about it being exclusively sold in Taiwan or something? Naaah. But it's rare now, that's for sure. I also saw one box selling the World Trigger gacha figs, and Yuuma is $250. I think I'll go back to get him.

I spotted a few boxes selling Pili figures but no SBH from the chibi set. Also saw a cosplayer buying something from a store. Miku wig, pearly dark coloured horns and tail.

There's soooo many gashapons... and more stores selling trading/blind boxes and the lower crane-grade figures, Q-posket, etc. So many people too. I called it quits around almost 6pm (getting hungry and tired) and walked back to bu the Kirito figma, and unsure about the GGO one because it's a display one and I want to double check with my friend.

Get on the MRT and get home, it takes about 30 mins and then 10 mins or so for the bus. 

Yima had cooked dinner!! Awww. She also cooked the Top Grade Rice from Chishang that I gifted her. Everything was really yummy!!! The rice was yummy too!!!

Just chilled and had half a bath from the wash water as I wanted to sit. So my feet got a little bit of soaking. 

Sleep now, postshop tomorrow and maybe I will finish the other half of the Underground Shopping Mall.

No comments: