Sunday 12 November 2023

Taipei Day 8 (Ace con 2)

 I managed to get up early!! Yima got me riceball from the shaobing youtiao stall. They had pickled veges in it, quite salty, and youtiao as the main. Also some vege? pork floss. Sugarless doujiang for drink. I couldn't finish all of the rice ball, and managed to leave at 9:50am and caught a bus to Taipei City Hall, then MRT to Nangang Exhibition Hall. I managed to get there about 10:55am. Spent 20 mins walking in line - they added barriers today lol, and got in. They also ran out of maps again...

I just checked out the stalls that are different today for the artists, and also had a look at some of the original artwork stalls since it's less crowded. I bought quite a couple more - 5 postcards illustrating Formosa insects and fauna, $175 ($35 ea),
a Zelda Tears of the Kingdom artbook for my friend Lake, $200,
2 postcards of a cat laser beam eyes and catsoup, $80, 
3 matte sticker sheets and a sticker set of cute animals (budgies, Formosa leopard cat x2, Formosa animals) $120 + $100,
2 sticker sheets (clear) of a cute porky breakfast an foods, $240,
A foxy chaishichang illustration as a clearfile ($90), a vinyl sticker roll of cute foxes and filigree pttersn ($230), 
Taiwan Office Lady vol 7, $250,
and another tub of the glue primer for EVA foam, 300ml, $250.

I made sure to say hi to the artist that drew the Danmeshi charms, and aso Tondemo Skill, let them know that a new trailer is out (but they were too tired to watch, understandably), they said their first customer today was also a Danmeshi fan. I celebrated that and wished them good con and thanked them. Said bye~

The E area was pretty stink. I think not enough creators signed up for 2 days, and the few artists left in that block doing 2 days gets hardly any foot traffic. They should at least aim to put them all at the front row, so that they're visible and getting some traffic. I felt sad for them. One artist that illustrated their own comic story (Song of the Sky) told me to take a sticker (they were selling) for free since I came all teh way from NZ, but I was like noooo I can't do that! So I opted to buy 2 sheets from them of their cute piggy breakfast foods theme. Thanked them and asked them to consider an ebook, since I have no space...

Got a few photos of some pretty cosplayers from Identity V, and a Frieren cosplayer. I asked them if they made theirs, but seems like they got it commissioned. No wonder the gold looks really good. It looks to be from a PVC as it has a texture on it, and holds the body well for the skirt flare. Niceeee. They looked really pretty too.

About here I had enough, and decided to go home. Rode the Wenhu Line from start to finish, and dozed off halfway. Amazingly I woke up in a stupor and the train had stopped at Wanfan Hospital. Get out and gooooo. Stopped by the mobile accessories shop, but they didn't have any suitable cases for my neighbour, and then bussed home. This bus (Roosevelt Rd Route) had cute black pikachu nui twins on the scanner near the back door, and I could see there being a lazy cat on teh coin fare box, some pretty pink floral things near the driving dash, a koi hanging from the rear mirror, and something else near the scanner up front. Cute. It was drizzling lightly and I changed out of my N95 asap, and walked home. The ubereats from last night is still there.... that food gonna be stank soon.

I just chilled for a bit, had cold noodles liangmian for lunch, a banana, and the rest of my rice ball. 

Around 3:20pm Yima and I went to Aduan Bakery - they used to be just on the bottom floor from Yima's building. The chef was in, IDK if he remembers me, but he seemed to remember me from NZ, so maybe he has some vague memory of me. I said hi, and had a quick chat - what I'm doing now, he said how's my mother and has she been back, I said she's doing well, but only came for a few days before going back (Yima added in here that she tested positive for covid then). Boss seems tired, but no blameo, Yima finished buying and I said goodbye. I think Aduan remembers me somewhat. The shop ladies are so nice too. Yima commented that not to stay too long cause sometimes if you've been away for too long you don't know what to chat about. And yes that's true, so I was happy to leave when she was done buying. They're only a 10 min walk away.

I just rested for the afternoon, and helped Yima buy some calcium from PChome. Then after dinner (diner was fish and spinach, yummy) I packed up most of my stuff into the suitcase, caught up on some animes and took a shower, and blogged and get ready for bed.

No comments: