Saturday 11 November 2023

Taipei Day 7 (Ace con)

 Today's aim is Anime Creator Expo. I dunno who the guests are and what it is, but thought at least I can check out the artist alley. I got in around 12pm, took the 915 bus to Xinyi Taipei City Hall, and then Bannan Line to Nangang Exhibition Hall. They are in hall 2. Once I got in, you queue up to get in. Except, it's like those comiket lines. Self managing. I spent half an hour walking, yes, walking/moving in line. And then I finally got in. They ran out of maps... which is kinda uhhhh not good imo, so I didn't even where the fudge I was going. I managed to find a staff with a copy of the map to take a photo. Then I started browsing 2 stalls rows. Some of the stall placement was kinda iffy, like the walkway was too narrow for traffic to effcienctly flow through. 

After 2 rows, I had enough and went out to have lunch. I scouted out Mos Burger yesterday, and crossed the road, but needed the toilet first so I went into Hall 1 and borrowed their toilet. There was less of a queue here compared to where Ace was. The Ace stamp washing off so easily like... uhh hope they can still see my stamp. 

Then I walked past Mos burger and the row of shops there, sooooo busy, there's a huge line... but I spotted a Family Mart sign saying there's one 100m away... might as well go further where it's quieter. I ended up walking abut 10 mins maybe? It was lightly raining so I changed out of my N95 into KF94 and use the umbrella. I finally found the Family Mart, but since it was raining outside I couldn't really eat outside.... thankfully their dining area was fairly quiet with 2 people seated, and the CO2 monitor displayed around 580ppm. I chose a burger and a banana pack, plus a Pocari. $114. The staff heated up my burger and I went to the very end of the dining area. I was still uncomfortable unmasking so I ended up doing the eating while masked... halfway through 2 ladies decided to sit in the booth next to me. Whyyyyyyyyyy. And one kept sniffing. Ugh. I finished my burger as fast as I could and left. Drank my pocari on the way, N95'd up before I went back inside. 

I browsed the stalls and so much of it was Nijisanji or Hololive, or other Vtuber. Like the quality of the artwork is all professional and looks so nice. But it being vtuber it makes it fast for me to browse through so many stalls lol. I found one stall selling Enstars LOL. I found a stall selling self-made manujuus. Ohh they have that Blue Lock character that Emille likes. Buy as a surprise gift for her. $160.

And two people recognised my Golden Kamuy Bees Knees t-shirt! One stall sold Danmeshi and Tondemi Skill acrylics!! Woo!! I went around some more and there's a lot of stalls selling original art, which is quite cool to see. Cute animals and food. I found snake stickers and bought 3 sheets for $150.

I just spent my sweet time going around, and then made sure I had a break and went out for some water and banana. It's kinda chilly outside now. I found a Blue Lock cosplayer as I headed out, so took a photo for Emille. And then I spotted her oshi character with the crimson hair!! Someone cosplaying and they were wearing a hijab for the wig. That's sooo cute. Photo for Emille. xD

Once done, I headed back inside, and stopped by one of the booths that does 3D printing. Oh wow they are experiementing with 3D scanning and printing out a wig head. That's amazing!! That's what I want!! And they were selling a glue primer for EVA foam, it doesn't crack when you bend it. Wow yes please. Big pot 500ml for $350. They say they send via a SF courier (similar to DHL) if I were to look at having sent overseas. I can contact them via FB. Best buy.

I went back in for the area I missed in the corner of the map. It was around 4:30pm and some stalls already have started packing up. I asked and the story is they need to be packed and gone by close, otherwise they will be fined. Like whoa. At least give them 30 mins after close to pack up. Otherwise they lose sales time...

After the last row I realised the last block was the R18 block, and wow it's pretty big. Das OK I don't need to look in there.

Also lol what a long line for the Vtuber cutouts. People were queueing up for photos. I think Arima-sensi (one who illustrated the idolish 7 splash screen) is a guest as well.

Around 5pm I had enough and decided to stop by the stall with the Danmeshi merch since I thought I'd buy some Tondemo stuff as well, as I didn't see anything else I liked. I had a short chat with the artists there and they said only 2 people today recognised Danmeshi. We all excited for the anime.

Then I tried to find the exit (seriously, where isit?) and headed home. Got on the Wenhu line, everyone was going for the Bannan line, and managed to get in early and got a seat. The train stops for longer at the starting stop to let people on. I was so tired I ended up dozing off on the train. Took about 50 mins to get to my stop, and then bussed home.

Yima bought 八方雲集 poststickers for dinner. I had it with some janyougao and tianlajan. Then some sugarcane juice.

So sleepy.


No comments: