Sunday 18 January 2009

Taiwan Day 54

Saturday, Jan 17th 2009

Tomorrow we get like, $3600 as spending vouchers from the government. Basically, these vouchers are meant to poke, or make Taiwan's economy in a positive direction. Well, whatever, I just call it the govt's pocket money, or red packet. Heh. ^_^
Waking up at 7:30am this morning, and getting ready, we went by car up to where my Granpa and Papa's grave were. The place is big, and there was a lot of graves piles up on that mountain area. :O
First we went into the Tower, and waited for the rest of the family to arrive. Then, for two hours we sent prayers to our deceased ancestors, with a 10 minute break in the middle. After we finished the whole thing, all of us gathered our offerings and headed down to the BURNING TOWERS - also known as Gold/Silver Warehouses. They were basically 2 towers that acted as a furnace for paper money to be burnt. There's silver and gold. I got to burn some gold money, and those 3 cousins kept wanting to burn some so we had to split a whole lot of them up. ^_^;;
After that, we drove by car up the mountain, to where my Grandpa and Papa were resting.

Since the last time we visited was very small, so I only had a faint image of what the grave looks like. Ah, this is the first time I've seen my Papa's photo. My Grandpa I know, since he died 10 years ago. The point of this visit was also because it was his 10th anniversary.
We lit incense and bowed 3 times for respect, and stuck the incense in a pot in front of their grave stones. Also, incense was offered to Tu Di Gong on both sides of the grave area.
Our business was done here and everybody headed back to 4th Uncle's shop to get some lunch. We all ended up going to this hotpot place... hehehe...

In the afternoon mum and me decided to go out and search for that dress shop. After some fruitless searching we finally found a shop - "Party Girls". The oneesan there was so cool - she had the patience to go and pick dresses that suits my type of body, and was teaching me how to dress in the current fashion! I'll need to go buy a "new bra", as that's what she said for the ball.
After me choosing a most suitable dress~ I had to walk all the way back to get dad since he HAS TEH MONEHHH. DX Then walk back again with very sore feet. There was lots of walking and standing in the morning visit. DDDDDDX
After dad arrived I ended up choosing more winter wear with mum and then we bought a whole lot more stuff which ended up costing $4500 NTD in total.

Awww man, my feet are dead. DX
At night we headed out to Shoa Jo Ma's place for dinner, and I saw my San Jo for the first time in who knows how long years. My Da Jo also came, along with a few other people I recognise but don't know their names. DX
Parents ended up talking to quite late. That pretty much ended the day~

No comments: