Sunday 15 October 2023

Hsinchu to Taichung

 Today I leave Hsinchu.

I went down a little later than the last 2 days to go to breakfast. And oh... There's a lot more people.... Okay... Oh no.... Two kids sick coughing from a family that decided to sit near the seat I've been taking past 2 days. Nooo don't sit near me.... The other half of the dining area was full so... I tried to eat as fast as I could and then finished and went up.

The hotel staff is so nice. I think they appreciated me brining my plate to them to save them going over to tidy up. I think.

I had to condense my luggage - see if I could fit the carry on suitcase into the checked. After much tetris I managed to do it but it was kinda heavy.

Just on time too, 11am checkout. I asked the hotel staff to call me a taxi.

The taxi driver was really nice. Helped him lift my suitcase up into the boot. Talked about NZ and how the Mãori have similarity to TW aboriginals. He knew about Chch (earthquake) and Fiordland (the glaciers). Fare to the 轉運站 was $135.

The station was very small. And it was 11:20am, bought a ticket to 台中 and next bus was at 12pm.

Oh no, I could feel myself going up end up being really hungry with a blood sugar crash... So left my luggage at no. 5 platform and quickly went out the front to eat my 素竹塹餅。it was quite nice, had Mandarin peel inside and very sweet. It held me for the length I needed.

Once on the bus I fell asleep after some pokemon go. The SIP mask carrying me. 

Took 1.5hr to get to 朝馬站, and 二叔 was waiting to pick me up.

After we got home 二叔 had bought 涼麵 for me. So good. This is the flavour! He says the owner came from Pingtung and was also from a 卷春 so the flavour profile is 外省味waishenwei.

Nothing much, had afternoon tea and talked with him, and then ran to the post office to get stamps for postcards and forgot it was closed.

Went to visit Grandma and 五叔 was home as well as 三嬸 with baby 凡凡(?). Watched some videos of him and older sis, another baby (name I forgot...) with grandma. Grandma reacted as if the baby was real which was really cute. 賢駿 was playing LOL. So didn't see him until dinner. 五嬸 bought teppanyaki takeaway and 小智 also came home too.

Dinner was yummy. 五叔 bought 一中 ice, which had a pineapple and plum syrup flavour in the crushed ice. Very yummy.

Stayed until 8:30pm and went home. Did laundry and sleep now. 

No comments: