Monday 16 October 2023

Taichung Day 2

 Today I had those famous sandwiches 二叔 bought last night and the Tw toast is what makes it mmm mmm.

Then down I go to the post office to get some stamps sorted - they have a screen for grabbing a number now. I was a but confused cause I was looking for a traditional machine, lol. The screen has it separated to banking needs and postal needs. I was 759. There was a free counter straight away so I managed to get the stamps for the postcards and send them off. I hope I put them into the right mailbox - red box Airmail slot.


Next, I went to 四叔 shop to get my laptop sorted - and ended up staying for lunch. 四嬸 bought obentou for everyone. And gave me a cute bobby banana!!! Soooo cute. Tart and yummy. Texture was kinda pillowy/fluffy. 四叔 gave me tea and showed me his beetle collection in the various resins he tried setting them in. It was really cool. And after lunch he let me taste a little bit of coffee. I was full so I went out to the nearby mini park and had a look around. Bouganvillae were in full bloom so got sme pretty photos.... and accidentally stepped on a really big snail? under a tree. I'm so sorry. :( Google tells me it was probably an African snail. I was looking for Hanshouchao...

Back to the company and chatted with one of 四叔's friends. I forgot their name... and then went off to Shinkonmitsukoshi. I was looking for the Pili store (which is actually in the builfing Big City next door). They had a uniqlo on 11th? floor though so I shopped for a bit and bought another waffle top in black, and another tracky in grey marle. And ayellow tshirt cause I didn' bring quite enough.

Once done I headed over to Big City 大遠百 and found the Pili store finally! WOW! LOVE the puppets on display aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I spent ages looking at the details. During this time there was another lady there who was a Pili oshi, and had a small black itabag with various Pili badges. She spun the gacha and got the person she wanted, though I didn't catch the name. She also did blind boxes and got me to pick one for her after getting 2 of the ones she didn't really want. My gacha luck only works when I do it for other people - annnd she got Lang Wu Yao LOL the one she wanted. I was gonna offer to buy it off her if it was one from TBF she didn't want. She actually asked me earlier when I was browsing the merch side if I was looking at Touri (TBF) and asked me where I was from - I answered from NZ who came backt Taiwan for this LOL. From the sounds of her chatter with the store staff she must come quite often, since the store people seemed to know her.

I ended up getting the Lang I was missing from the set and my friend Lennon Ling Zue Ya since he only wanted him. Between us (I have Shang) xD we have a whole set LOL.

On my way home 四叔 actually Line'd me and said my laptop is ready (screen was borked) and I had just passed his store. Double back a bit to pick up my laptop and then head home. I got a bit lost navigating back but managed.

二叔 made dinner - dumplings and chicken soup and sausages. 3 course meal! Thank you uncle.

Afterwards we went out to see the 爵士樂 which is like a live performance outdoors. First though, since we parked at the eslite bookstore building, we had a look around. BIG BOOK STORE like bigger than Kino? And heaps of other stuff too since it's also department store. Also a stationary eslite section.

Headed out to the park space, where teh event was. There were various stalls around, a lot of artisans selling jewellery and other crafts. Kanzashi too. SO PRETTY. 

But the highlight was spotting babu. BABU!!!!!!! I can eat traditional ice cream! YO!!!!!!!!!!! So so happy!!! $50 for 2 balls but soooo worth it.

Then sat down and had a look at the show, intermission has kiss cam, muscle cam, an Lion King cam (where they chose mostly parents to lift up their kids haha). The next performance started, jazzy classical, the musicians are really good! It was about 9pm so headed home, took a photo at the event display lights on the way.

My feeet so sore. Tomorrow the plan is to go visit the family grave.

No comments: