Friday 20 October 2023

Taichung Day 6

Woke up and realised I've been a mozzy buffet - probably from my hanshouchao search. Noooooooo.

Sent off some postcards today and also a bag of masks for fit testing to Jon in Australia.

I forgot to sign the parcel declaration form and the post office lady rang me to come back. Oh nooo how embarassing! I wasn't too far so I walked back. After that was sorted, back to going to Carrefour.

Man everything is so confusing? I was trying to find the stuff my parents wanted me to buy. I spent ages just trying to find things... I did see some lovely plates that I think I will buy as a gift for a friend. I hope they don't get smashed in my checked luggage....

When parents want me to get stuff they don't give me precise locations or name of the place and it's like, please, can you do this cause it's hard for me to find it when my Mando ain't that great...

Came back for lunch around 1pm and Meilin ayi had made some saucy noodles. Thank you auntie.

I just rested in the afternoon and it was quite humid and hot I napped for about 45 mins...

Then when it was almost 4pm I went out to try get in early for the kumara balls - they weren't open yet so I headed towards to New Balance to get the socks for mum. On the way I found a stall selling all sorts of childhood candy! to the right hand side of the Uni entrance gate. Ahhhh they had the strawberry lollipops!! YOOOOO!!!! and the chocolate tubes, and the choc toothpaste tubes, and jelly tubes!! Lipstick candy! Also jumping/popping candy and heaps! They didn't have Flower's Kiss and it's likely they don't make it any more. So sad. I spent $208 there. 

Off to NB now. The name mum gave me the store clerk didn't recognise, and they spent ages trying to figure out what size the socks she got was. It was buy 2 get 1 free, total $320.

4:40pm now, Kumara balls store still not open. So I just sat there and waited until about 5:20pm when I finally got mah balls. 37 balls for $100 (big size). Niceee.

There were 2 black stray dogs there, and one of the stall owners popped a plastic bag down full of offals, I think, and the dog carried the bag by the handle and moved away to the nearby grass patch to eat it. Smart dog!

Home, and Uncle and Ayi bought dinner. They also got dohua (tofu flower) from a famous shop, it is very silky. I'm so full.

Just rest tonight and hopefully Yunlin tomorrow without hiccups. I wanna see the puppet museum! My feet are still so sore.

No comments: