Thursday 26 October 2023

Taichung Day 12

 I can't believe my 2 weeks in Taichung is almost up....!

Today I just went to pick up the brown suagr I ordered, it has arrived at Family Mart. They ask for your full name and last 3 digits of your phone number. I thought they would wanna see ID but didn't.

Touched the hanshouchao on my way out and went back up. Did laundry and took it upstairs to hang dry.

Really just mucked around for most of today. Then after lunch went to 新利賀專業藥局 to buy a better mosquito repellant. Got the Mentholatum Picaridin one. $280.

Then headed home but decided to stop by the lingerie shop on the corner, EMR 伊媚兒客製化內衣 and asked if they had bralettes. Oh I had to take my hat off to try the bras on... so I didn't have my mask ear saver'd. I hope that's ok.... ended up getting 1 that's kinda similar and cost $980, in black.

On the way back I bought 2 more lemon cakes at FM Station bakery across the road. Headed back and decided to check out the Casio Watch Store next to Fengchia uni on Wenhua Rd. The boss phoned the manufacturer, I assume, and there's no replacement watch strap :') I'm so sad. All the new watches don't look that great imo. Maybe I keep an eye out in Taipei. But there's a purple and white one of Jaga's that looks OK.

Just bummed around and ate some snacks, then at 4:55pm I headed out to 四叔店 to catch a ride with 五叔 back to grandma's house. He rides the scooter a bit more maniacally, esp on Taiwan Bouvelard. Stopped for petrol at CPC and it was about 3.3L but only $100?? Are scooter tanks that small?

Then stopped at McD's to pick up dinner. Oh no, I didn't have time to put my hat on for the ear saver and went inside with just ear looped mask... fingers crossed... I did Flo spray before I left...

Dinner picked up, went home. Grandma :) :) :) she ate quite a bit today, so it's good to see she still has appetite. Maybe because I came home? And we watched some of the soap operas on TV, the 7pm one is less soapy and more normal drama. The 8pm one is SO DRAMATIC. Lmao. Also had some 柚子 the skin is very strong (and bitter) but the flesh is juicy and sweet. Grandma had a little bit, but she'll need to take her blood pressure meds a little later. The cats were around and Huniou came and rubbed her neck against me IVE BEEN CLAIMED lol. That's nice. Maiya is still a bt skittish but less so today. I actually saw 賢伯 today when he came out for a little bit to grab his dinner. Then back to LOL. 

五嬸 came home around 8:08pm, and got KFC LOL. Just spent some time with grandma before I had to leave for the bus at 8:40pm. 小智 walked me to the bus stop (thanks bro) and I made sure to N95 up. 

Got home, showered, and bed soon.

My laptop charger isn't working when I come to blog. ???? Unplugged it and left it along for 20 mins and then replug but no dosh?? Yikes come on not just before my trip... I will troubleshoot a bit.


No comments: