Sunday 22 October 2023

Taichung Day 8

So uncle and ayi wanted to go to Costco. They also picked up uncle's daughter's auntie (ex-wife's sister). Cool! I'm so tired though. Being a Sunday I wore my N95 - and I was right, Place was busy and it's only around 10am. Thankfully it was cool enough for the N95. 
Hah I just wanted to see what Costco was like. They had quite a bit of Japanese imported foods and snacks. It's so easy to lose people in there though.

We got back and at the door into the apartment building we met 四叔's whole family getting ready to go to 好事多 - Costco LOL. They asked if I wanted to go - I told them we just went xD

After lunch they didn't tell me when we were going to Grandma's house - causing me to panic cause I will still trying to sort out how to shop the brown sugar, and what's happened to my watch strap I ordered (no movement). And I needed to prep nasal spray, forgot to CPC in the rush... ugh. Let me know so I can organise my time! Didn't even get to my postcards!

I tried to order on my phone but the website keeps kicking me out whenever I want to go back or change apps. Ugh.

Grandma was just about to go nap when I arrived. Oh no, sorry Grandma. That's okay, she'll nap a little later. 二叔 and Meilin ayi left, and I said I will stay so I can shop the stores around here. My cuz 小智 was OK to go with me - thanks 五叔 lol. It'll make navigating easier - I didn't want to take up his time if he didn't want to but he was okay! Thanks Cuz. So we went to Animate and JB, there was SOOOO MANY VTUBER AND HOLOLIVE AND NIJISANJI, GOD it's like Genshin but, Genshin also exists it just overwhelms. They had a doujin area where they had gacha with doujin goods. I found that pretty cool. Animate didn't really have stuff I wanted... not even Golden Kamuy... I found in a corner some Vampire Sugu Shinu blind box acrylics. Lol. Lots of nuis though. That's cute. Then 小智 took me to a toy store that had gunpla - I found some stuff on Lennon's wishlist but not his priority kits. 

On the way I found a gacha machine with World Trigger figurines... ahhh I can see a Yuuma... they're so cute... but it costs $120... a little pricey...

Next we headed to the 3-rensei, the 3 stores next to each other. The first store was pretty much as I remember. The little store on 2F was closed today. 2F had some old gems in there, and anime from ages past.

The second store expanded and they now have 3F and 4F, mostly melonbooks doujin goods and AV lol. 2F had some old gems in there, and anime from ages past. The bottom floors had 2nd hand boxes, and a lot of figures.

The third store... I remember being a lot smaller, but wow. Okay. It's like, figure mountain. There is only enough space to walk in the store.... how does the boss lady get to the counter? How to toilet???? It's a mystery?? Like there's enough room to spin around but not enough for 2 people, you have to go into the y-fork to let them pass. Amazing. Also a little claustraphobic. Yikes. Lol.

On the way back I stopped at JB to buy a jigsaw as a gift for friends. 

Once home 五嬸 made dinner and it was yummy. Thanks Auntie. I tasted some coconut water. Very odd taste. Not bad though. Grandma likes to keep saying things and repeat some things... such as "leave it I'll do the dishes" whilst auntie is already washing and auntie would reply a little short - "I am already doing the dishes, so you can't do them, I do them after cooking as natural" etc. Same she told my 小智 that my other cuz hasn't eaten yet (playing League of Legends) and he goes "I know" and did the body language where he opens his eyes wide and puts his hand on his forehead. I felt a little sad. I know it's because they live with her and it happens all the time, so it's understandably frustrating for them, but I think grandma has spent all her life looking after others and putting their needs above hers, she doesn't know how not to do that. She's also hard of hearing (got hearing aids lately) and old so her memory isn't great. 

Wish I knew how to make this a little better for her, but I don't really have a right to do that. :'(

Took bus 25 or 35 to get home - missed the 35 as we got to the stop so I took the 25 that came not long after. The bus stops have this machine where you punch in the bus route number and press "confirm" and it'll display the number and the bell so the driver knows someone wants to get on that bus. But it's best to signal as well. That's s cool. Cus showed me. Thanks for walking me to the bus stop, cuz 小智.

Wrote some postcards on the bus, got home, managed to order the brown sugar online, and then finished writing postcards after shower. I plan to rest tomorrow.

Bed now.

No comments: