Monday 30 October 2023

Tainan Day 1

 Got up nice and early, so can prep and pack last min things for Tainan. Uncle dropped me off at the bus stop, Ubus, at Chaoma, and then I bought a ticket to Tainan Transport Centre. $250. 

So probs because of the heat or something, I don't feel like eating too much in the mornings. So this means I will end up being hungry about 2 hrs later, and the bus journey takes around 3 hrs. I made sure I peed before I got on the bus but once on the bus not even 30 mins in I really needed to peeee nooooooo, I was busting 😭😭. I wasn't sure if there was a toilet on the bus and didn't wanna get up to look cause I will REALLY be busting even more. So begins the 2.5 hr journey where I am relly uncomfortable and also hungry.... why does it have to be so hard in this pandemic. I didn't wanna take off my mask to eat on the bus but I didn't wanna drink even more liquid to make my pee go more. bjlafjasfkas

When the bus hit Chiayi, you could really feel the difference in heat before the air con in the bus adjusted. WOW. No wonder people say Tainan is still hot even in autumn. 

FINALLY we arrived and I could get off the bus. After gettting my luggage the first thing I headed for was the toilet LOL Much better.

Next was to sort out my tummy, but the only seats near the breezy entrance was taken but others and outside was so hot under the sun, and no seats, I couldn't even snack. I went up and down the station but didn't find anyplace suitable to unmask and eat. I did take some quick swigs of water outside at least. I ended up going to the taxi stand and trying to figure out if the taxis waiting there were 55688, and trying to work out the app. The app asked if I wanted a yellow taxi or a flexible white one.... I was too hungry to figure out what they meant with the explanation cause it's all in Mando. I ended up taking the taxi at the stand cause there's cameras there and there seems to be a concierge person too. I was so hungry.... taxi costed $105 but I didn't have $5 and the driver said $100 was ok. Aww thanks bud. Drive safe.

I managed to find my homestay (the blue door) and LINE'd the housekeeper. I changed my mask to KF94 while waiting. Too hot. The lady was really nice and made good convo haha and asked about me having no accent (bless) but I explained I might have a bit of a canto accent. She recommended me what to eat around here. And then took payment. It as $4440 but I didn't have exact change or $40 in change, and she was missing $10, and in the end she said $4400 is OK after looking for some change (unsuccessful). Awww thank you. 

Since no one was staying in the room I booked yesterday, I got to check in early. I forgot it's on floor 3... and I had to lug my suitcase up 2 flights of stairs whilst still being very hungry... After 1 flight the lady helped one end while I carried the other end. Thank you. Phew. My room is so nice and cute. Explained the key and how the lock worked and then left. I put my stuff down and had some liquids and snacks whilst checking out what to get nearby for lunch. I ended up getting boxed bento nearby, and went down to buy it. But I was over hungry (it as like 1:40pm when I purchased it), by the time I settled back down, and started eating, I didn't feel like eating much at all. I had to turn the aircon on to cool down, after windows and fan wasn't working enough. Regrettably, I had to fridge half of the bentou (there were saucy black beans which was so delicious), and there's no microwave here to heat it up... oh no...

I had to rest for quite a while, and then finally felt recovered enough to go out just after 3pm. First off, to the post office to grab some stamps, to send the postcards from Lukang off.

Then, headed to Shen'nong Jie. I thought the street would be very busy? But it ended up just being a historical street with many old buildings, and a lot of them art shops for artisans. Which is cool! I didn't know what to expect. There's QR codes for the buildings that explain the history. https://wenhuadiyun.cc/fiveport-sh/%E7%A5%9E%E8%BE%B2%E8%A1%97qrc/ 

I didn't get to read it until after I got home. It's so fascinating. Anyways, I had a good time browsing the various shops and at a second hand bookstore I ended up buying postcards. Browsed one or two shops I missed on the way back and then headed to Snail Alley - it's just before 5pm now so I reckon I could get some pics before sundown.

Snail Alley was neat, it's really quiet and quaint. There's a cafe called Escargot LOL. Very like, european classy vibe. I tried to find the big mural, that blogger showed, but I think since then (2017 I think her blog was), a lot of the artwork has either broken, disrepair, or not been replaced. So it's a real shame. Still really cute to see the various snails and neat door fronts. There's so many homestays in this block, wow.

Around 5:30pm I headed back. My legs are tired and I was getting hungry. I decided I had no energy left to go out for dinner so bought instant noodles (ones that I don't get to eat before!), for dinner, and tomorrow's breakfast. Since I only have a jug I bought a miso soup to make with hot water. Reminiscint of Japan, hehe.

Got home, ate noodles, discovered I splotched the sauce on my shirt, so took that off to wash the spots.

Chilled, and flicked through the TV channels to see what anime was on at 7pm. There's soooo many channels, about 450, but 200+ doesn't seem to have programmes all the time on the programme menu? Ended up watching Pili channel, man the OP for Pili Heroes is so cool, and the costume details... the craftsmanship... bro...

Took a shower, the shower head holder on the wall ended up being broken :( which no one told them about, as the shower head won't stay on unless you hang it backwards. 

After I got out I LINEd the housekeeper to let them know. They say they'll buy the part and be here in 10 mins to fix it. Wow. I mean IDM but I'm not in a hurry tonight. They went ahead anyway. A different lady showed up unmasked - glad I masked up. KF94 earsaver though. She was only in for like 5 mins. Now I'm flushing the room for an hour with the open windows (can't open the balcony door cause mosquitoes and dengue), before I can unmask and relax.

It's already like 10pm RIP. I'm pretty tired. I'll see if I can get the postcards written tonight or tomorrow morning.

Took a shower, disc

No comments: