Friday 27 October 2023

Taichung Day 13

 二叔 said he will give me a ride to 三舅媽's noodle stall so I wanted until 11"15am and then he was ready to go.

三舅媽 was busier today and there's a new mister helping out. 三舅 isn't very talkative but I thik thats just how he is? I got to watch 三舅媽 make the seasame sauce for majanmen at the back in a super big wok and saucer. Wow. How do you even wash the big wok?. We chatted for a bit and Honey was happy to see me when I arrived, came up to me wanting attention. You are so cute.

Then around 12pm they were less busy and 三舅媽 made me lunch, and told me to take some tofu noodle salad home. Thanks 三舅媽. Lots of veges with meant in bone broth and small dishes (bamboo shoots, 1 braised tofu, tofugan), and some white rice. Damn why is everything so good? There's some intestines with stuff inside which was quite intersting. I saw her cut some up yesterday. I couldn't finish it all and 三舅媽 took it and cut the meat pieces up (only meat and rice left) and mixed it with my rice and added some bone broth for Honey. Honey hasn't eaten for 2 days (picky) but the vet says it's OK, because she will eat when she's really hungry. Thanks for eating my leftovers, Honey. There were these tiny sweetcorn and 三舅媽 cooked 2 for me to eat. It was like baby corn, crunch and sweet. Very interesting. Liked it. It would go great in soup.

They were tidying up the stall around 12:30-12:45pm and that's around when I went home. I didn't really visit my old neighbourhood, I just headed home (took a Ubike at Jin'der Primary) but took a small bicycle detour around the big empty lots (ex-Juanchun) and wondered exactly how many of these were Juanchun? It's so big. Then parked the Ubike and sat around Dapong Shingchun cause there's a breeze there. I received a text that my sandals were ready and went home to drop off the tofoodle salad in the fridge, then headed out again. 

Stopped by Carrefour and decided to check the Quanja Shoes  鞋全家福 in B1. Oh cool, I found Mizunos. I think a lot of the soles are kinda softer?? For NB and Adidas and Mizuno??? I got Mizuno in half a size up from my current pair and asked for half insoles. Sweet I think these won't run into the problem of my toes hitting the front and making a hole. Ended up signing up for their membership to get the 25% off and then a 5% off and also bought 2 socks to make up the amount $1000 needed for discount. 

Then quick trip to Carrefour (they don't really have tenuguis?) for some sandwich bags for my used N95s and picked up the Dalli laundry colour catcher sheets to try.

Then to pick up my shoes, they are interesting work. Removed the back soles and stuck a new one on, Very odd. But interesting. $550. And dropped by 四叔's. Zhili 叔叔 ended up called Jaga and sourcing me my watch strap, but they only have black. Well, can't be picky now. Thanks so much Zhili 叔叔 for your effors. Chatted with 四叔 and he talked about how he's been to almost every area in China except 3, including Tibet. He used to go every year. That's so cool.

It was just past 5pm and I headed home cause they'll be finishing soon. Dinner was dumplings and I just chilled. I should go pick up a hoodie for a gift soon, as it's down in 50%, a brand shop at the nightmarket.


Oh, the power supply ended up being loose at the plug point at the converter plug LOL. SO thankfully, no issue.

No comments: