Tuesday 17 October 2023

Taichung Day 3

 I'm so tiredddddd.


Meilin ayi arrived back from Winconstin? Canada early today. Tomorrow I will have to be extra careful... infection risk.

Grandma has an appt at the Veteran's hospital so it was arranged for 五叔 to drive to hospital, drop grandma off with 二叔 whilst 五叔 took me to 大度山 where the family graves are. He gave me a sprig of 芙草 which is said to ward off evil, and to put it in my pocket. Today I learnt. And then get rid of it discretly afterwards. Why everyone use recirculate in the cars here. I felt ill with 4 ppl in the car. The toilets at the mountain provided toilet paper! Wow! Squat toilets. 

We burnt some incense for the 土地公, a pair each side for Laoyeh and Laolao and Yehyeh. Then 3 sticks each for each side of the grave. I got emotional since it's been 10 years since last, and I missed both dayjiou and Laolao's funeral. 五叔 got a rag from his car and we cleaned off the trimmings of the shrubs off the gravestone. Then sat for a while whilst waiting for the incense to burn. Laolao's family grave was written that their home origin was 河南道口 and Yueyue's was 隴口.

We waited nearby the hospital and disposed of the 芙草. Once grandma was done we went home. Bye bye grandma. 

For lunch I had baked kumara... and finally got some supao and liquid yoghurt.

Later today I got give a ride to 四叔's shop so my laptop screen can be fixed. It wasn't centered properly. Also to grab shenfenzhen so we could get mum and dad's hong bao from the 福德宮 nearby - for a Sept 9th on the lunar calender event where you pay respect to elders. This year you need direct offspring, so it works out while I am here. $600 each. The initiative isn't govt for Fengjia area, it's coming from the treasury of the 福德宮. 四叔 says the 福德宮 is owned by a family and apparently they used to own a lot of land around here, so they may be fuller in donations to be able to do this.

二叔 went to Poya homewares and I followed to have a look. They sell Kao Attack detergent here... I might buy one.

I also gave 四叔 my watch since it ran out of battery before the flight. They managed to change the battery with Zhili uncle, but because the watch is older the strap cracked under the pressure whilst they opened it up. Nooooooo. There's dust inside and I think they scuffed the acrylic a bit more. So I'll have to clean that once I'm back. I managed to find a replacement strap online - Jaga doesn't make much watches any more. The strap was added to the online listing in 2015 lol. While that happened an uncle laoshi (good friend of their's) came and bought the cylinderical pastries with fillings inside. I had one! Not as good as the childhood shop, but. He had a doggy who was sooo excited and kept licking my legs haha.

Home now, on the way we went to Yi-shin stinky tofu but they were closed until Friday. 二叔 took me to somewhere else (scooter ride!) and bought stinky tofu for us 3. 

After dinner I went to walk around Fenjia nightmarket. I sure hope my KF94 on ear saver is enough. Bought some socks, some as gifts. There's a lot of small figure and gacha stores now. And lots of crane machines. Went to New Balance but mum didn't tell me what size for her socks. Found the Koze mask stall. I will send some to the Australian covider that tests masks.

Looked at Daiso. Got another Gundam Aerial. Then looked as Cosmed. I felt really suffocating there, don't think I'll go there again. Waited aaaaages in queue for check out. Watsons after, managed to get a cheapy body moisturiser. Much more spacious here. They ran out of eyelid glue....

Had enough, time to go home. I'm exhausted. Shower, CPC mouthwash, Flo spray. Bedtime now.

No comments: